Our early childhood approach recognises, as parents and carers, you are central in supporting your child’s development.
Our early childhood approach aims to:
- provide timely support to ensure that you are able to access the supports you need
- give you information about best-practice early childhood intervention supports and how you can help your child
- increase your confidence and capacity to manage and respond to your child’s support needs
- increase your child’s ability to do activities they need or want to do
- increase your child’s inclusion and participation in mainstream and community settings like playgroup, childcare or preschool
- give you information about, and referrals to, other support services, like parent support groups – to meet other people with similar experiences or situations, if you want to.