On this page:
- What is the housing and community infrastructure system responsible for?
- Examples of supports the housing and community infrastructure system should provide
- What are we responsible for?
- Examples of supports we may fund
Housing includes things like making sure you have a home to live in, that suits your needs. It could be social housing, including public and community housing.
Community infrastructure means things like public buildings and public places.
The housing and community infrastructure system includes:
- social housing authorities
- government agencies responsible for affordable housing and homelessness
- local councils and other governments responsible for town and city planning.
When we say housing, we mean the building itself, like a house or apartment. This doesn’t include the supports you can get in your home, like support workers. For more information on the supports you can get in your home, check out our guidelines for home and living supports.
When we say reasonable adjustment, this means reasonable changes that services need to make so they are accessible for people with disability.