If you have a disability and you're involved in the justice system, there are some supports we may fund. The justice system is responsible for providing other supports.
We consider you're involved in the justice system if you are:
- in custody in a correctional facility, for example a prison, remand centre, youth detention centre or secure mental health facility
- on remand, awaiting or following sentencing
- required by a court order to regularly report to a correctional or community correctional agency, for example on bail, probation or parole
- serving a community based order, or are on a leave of absence order or therapeutic leave
- under forensic orders, which may include restrictions on your movements or other requirements, such as drug testing or attending prescribed treatment.
We have a guideline about the justice system.