We may decide to do a CEO Initiated plan change if:
- your plan needs a variation - for example: to make changes to plan management, emergency funding is required or there is a mistake in your plan we need to fix.
- your plan needs reassessment - for example: due to significant changes to your situation or if there is an issue with how your funding is being used.
If we decide to change your plan we’ll let you know we’re doing this and what type of plan change we are doing.
We must also reassess your plan before the reassessment date in your plan. We’ll write to you around 3 months before your plan reassessment date to let you know it’s coming up. We’ll confirm the check-in details in the letter. After the reassessment we may decide to approve a new plan or vary your current plan, depending on your situation. The variation to your plan, or new plan, will be prepared with you.
If you don’t agree with our decision to vary your plan, or approve a new plan, you can ask us to review this decision.
Learn more about internal reviews.
If we can’t complete the reassessment and either approve your new plan or vary your plan before your plan reassessment date, your current plan will continue beyond the reassessment date.
Learn more about what happens when your funding is extended .
Sometimes a plan will say that in certain circumstances we must reassess the plan. For example your plan might say your plan needs to be reassessed when you leave school.
During your plan, we will check-in to see how you’re going. We will talk with you about how the supports in your plan are meeting your needs.
We will check-in with you:
- at regular times, for example each year
- if we think your plan might not be working for you.
Learn more about check-ins.
If the check-in shows your plan is meeting your needs, we won’t do a plan change and your current plan will continue.
But if we find that your plan isn’t meeting your needs, we will discuss changing your plan.
We may decide to do a plan change if we know your plan isn’t working for you. For example, you may not have the right supports that you need. Or you may not be using your supports.
We might get this information from:
- you or someone else in your life
- your local area coordinator, early childhood partner, or support coordinator
- our system that shows how you’re using the funding in your plan.
If we think you need a change to your plan, we’ll let you know. We’ll prepare your plan with you and we might not need to ask you all the usual planning questions. Your goals will stay the same if you don’t want to change them.
Once we decide to change your plan, we will give you your varied or new plan as soon as we can.
We must provide you with a copy of your:
- varied plan within 7 days of the variation taking effect
- new plan within 7 days after your plan comes into effect.
If you have only changed your statement of goals and aspirations, then we will provide you with a copy of your varied plan within 7 days of receiving your changed statement.
Learn more about how long this takes in our Participant Service Charter .