The planning conversation is an important part of the planning process. We’ll talk with you about your daily life, living situation, goals and supports. This helps us decide what NDIS funded supports to include in your plan.
We’ll ask how you want to have your planning conversation, for example where and when we meet with you, or if you would prefer to do it over the phone. You can bring anyone you choose, such as your family, friends or advocates, to the meeting.
What information do we look at before your planning conversation?
Before your planning conversation, we review:
- the information in your NDIS Application Form
- any reports from your doctors or allied health professionals
- other assessments you give us, for example from other government agencies or disability service providers
- other relevant information we have about your support needs
- any other information you give us.
This helps us get to know you better, and learn about your situation. It also helps us check where we might need more information about you to help us create your plan.
What will we talk about in your planning conversation?
We’ll talk to you about your daily life, and what you’d like to do in the future. We’ll also talk about how the NDIS can help you do what you want to do.
We’ll ask you about things such as:
- your goals
- where you live, and your living arrangements
- how you move around your home and your community
- who supports you now, such as your family, friends or service providers
- support available from community and other government services to help you learn new skills and become more independent
- what self-care support you need
- if you use or need equipment, technology or devices, also known as assistive technology
- what social and recreation activities you’d like to do now or in the future
- if you need help to build friendships or connect with your family
- if you’d like to work or study now or in the future
- what support you need to build your skills and do more things yourself.
Learn more about preparing for your planning conversation .
We’ll also ask you how you would like to manage your NDIS funding. Learn more about plan management.
All the information you give us helps us create your plan. We will keep your personal information safe and secure. Learn more about Your Privacy and Information .
For a plan review, we might not need to ask all these questions again. Or we might not need to have a planning conversation at all. Learn more about plan reviews .