What do we mean by managing your funding?
Managing your NDIS funding means:
- buying the supports in your plan, including paying taxes
- claiming and managing your NDIS funding, such as paying for supports on time
- keeping track of what you buy with your funding, including keeping receipts and invoices
- spending your funding according to your plan.
Your plan will say who manages your NDIS funding.
What are your plan management options?
You have three options for who manages the funding in your plan.
- Self-managed: you, or your plan nominee or child representative, manage the funding and pay your providers.
- Agency-managed: we manage the funding and pay your providers.
- Plan-managed: a registered plan management provider manages the funding and pays your providers.
You can also choose a mix of these types of plan management. For example, you might like to manage some of the funding yourself, and we’ll manage the rest.
There are a few other things to remember when you choose your plan management options. If your funding is:
- Agency-managed, you must use NDIS-registered providers
- Agency-managed or plan-managed, your providers or your plan manager can only claim up to the NDIS Price Guide rates
- plan-managed, we’ll always include plan-management fees in your plan.
You can also check out our booklets for information about plan management.
You can ask us to change how you manage your plan at any time. There are no restrictions on how often you can ask to change your plan management.
If you want to change your plan management, you’ll need a plan review. If this is the only change you want, we can often do this without the full plan review process. Learn more about reviewing your plan .