The information you give us helps us decide what NDIS funded supports to include in your plan.
We look at:
- the information you gave us when you talked to us about applying to the NDIS
- any support you may get through community connections
- any reports from your doctors or allied health professionals
- other assessments you give us, for example from other government agencies or disability service providers
- other relevant information we have about your support needs
- any other information you give us, including about your lived experience.
To learn about your life and the supports you need, we’ll also look at:
- your goals
- where you live, and your living arrangements
- how you move around your home and your community
- who supports you now, like your family, friends, or service providers
- support available from community and other government services to help you learn new skills and become more independent
- what self-care support you need
- if you use or need equipment, technology or devices, also known as assistive technology
- what social and recreation activities you’d like to do now or in the future
- if you need help to build friendships or connect with your family
- if you’d like to work or study now or in the future
- what support you need to build your skills and do more things yourself.
We will keep your personal information safe and secure.
You can ask to change your plan at any time.