We’ll ask you at your planning conversation how you want to manage your funding. We’ll discuss strategies to help you do this the way you want to. We’ll let you know what your plan management options will mean for you.
You can also ask your friends or family for advice.
If you’re under 18, your child representative can choose how to manage your plan funding.
If you want to self-manage your funding or use a registered plan manager, we’ll agree to your request, unless: you want to self-manage the funding but that would be an unreasonable risk to you
- you already have a plan nominee, in which case we’ll talk to your nominee about your plan management options
- your plan nominee wants to self-manage your funding but that would be an unreasonable risk to you
- you want to self-manage the funding but you, or your plan nominee or child representative, are bankrupt or insolvent under administration
- you want a registered plan manager to manage your funding but that would be an unreasonable risk to you
- it’s for in-kind supports, or cross-billing payments for younger people in residential aged care.
If we don’t agree to your request, we’ll let you know our decision and explain our reasons. We’ll talk to you about the risks, and if there are ways we can help you manage the risks in the future.
If you’re not happy with the decision we make, you can ask for a review of our decision.
Learn more about requesting a review of decisions we make .
How can you change how you manage the funding in your plan?
You can ask us to change how you manage your plan at any time. You might want more control of your funding.
Or there may be a change in your situation which may mean you need to manage your funding differently for a period of time. There are no restrictions on how often you can ask to change your plan management.
If you want to change how you manage your funding, you’ll need to ask us to change your plan. If this is the only change you want, we may be able to vary your plan without completing a full plan reassessment.
Learn more about changing your plan.