We must make the internal review decision as soon as we reasonably can.
We aim to complete all internal reviews within 90 days after you ask for one. This is 90 days from the day after we receive your request for an internal review. Find out more about our Participant Service Guarantee .
If this isn’t possible, we will contact you or the person who asked for the internal review. They’ll explain why we need more time, and let you know when we’ll make a decision.
What if you need your internal review done sooner?
We can sometimes do urgent internal reviews sooner. We may do this if:
- there’s a risk of harm to your health or wellbeing, or for someone you care for
- you’re at risk of homelessness or have unstable accommodation
- your care arrangements are at risk - for example, if your primary carer can’t care for you while we make our review decision
- there’s a risk relating to your disability - for example, if your disability is rapidly changing or becoming more serious
- you’re in hospital waiting for discharge
- you’re waiting for urgent assistive technology, home modifications or supported independent living supports.
If you’re in one of the above situations, let us know when you ask for a review. We’ll contact you, or the person who asked for the internal review, within 48 hours to talk about your situation. We will then complete the internal review as soon as we reasonably can.