Each state and territory have laws about assistance animals. This includes public access tests for assistance animals. We need to make sure the assistance animal can go to public spaces near where you live. This means the assistance animal needs to be qualified and has passed or is working towards the public access test.

You’ll need to discuss this with your provider and make sure the relevant state or territory tests for your animal are part of your service agreement.

We can’t fund supports that don’t meet the laws of the state or territory where you live.

This page current as of
13 December 2021
Indicates required field
Was this page useful?
Why not?