An individualised living option might be right for you if:
- You’re 18 or over, or 17 and thinking about your future living arrangement.
- You need support at home, whether formal or informal, for at least 6 hours each day.
- You’re ready to explore your home and living needs, what you’d like, and your options.
- You’re willing to invest time and effort towards creating your future home.
People who know you well can play an important part in helping you explore options and make decisions. You can involve them in helping to design and manage your individualised living option, if you want to.
An individualised living option might not be right for you if:
- You’re under 18, unless you’re 17 and thinking about your future living arrangement.
- You need less than 6 hours of support at home each day, whether formal or informal, and don’t need help with problem-solving at other times.
- You need 24-hour rostered support from one or more support workers.
- You need frequent support overnight.
- Restrictive practice is part of your behaviour support plan, if you have one.
We’ll consider these and make sure any individualised living option supports meet the NDIS funding criteria before we fund it in your plan.
If an individualised living option isn’t right for you, there are other home and living supports that might help. Find out more about home and living supports.
We also have other supports available for children under 18 years. Learn more about personal care supports for children.
You might be 17 with a goal to move out of home after you turn 18. If so, we may include supports in your plan to explore an individualised living option. Talk to your support coordinator, local area coordinator or planner if you’d like more information.