We’ll make sure the cost of Exploration and Design supports is reasonable for your situation. This means we think about the cost of your Exploration and Design supports, and how these will benefit you over time. Your Exploration and Design supports need to be value for money compared to other supports that would achieve the same outcome.
We have three levels of support for Exploration and Design. We’ll let you know if we need more information to help us decide the right level of support for you.
We’ll fund up to $3,000 to design your individualised living option if you:
- already know what help you’ll need
- want to move to a home not too far from where you live now
- know the type of home you want in this location is available and is what you can afford
- can make your own decisions, or you have other people who help you make decisions.
We’ll fund up to $5,000 to design your individualised living option if you:
- aren’t sure what help you’ll need
- want to move to a home in a different area, for example if you want to move to another town or suburb outside your local area
- expect finding a suitable home you can afford will take some time
- need some help coming to an agreed decision and other people involved in decision-making.
We’ll fund up to $10,000 to design your individualised living option if you:
- need to work out what help you’ll need in many areas across your life
- want to move to a home in a different type of area, for example if you want to move from a city to a smaller town
- expect finding the home you need in the preferred place that you can afford may be difficult
- have a lot of people involved in decision making for you who might have different views.
These amounts may be different if you live in a remote or very remote location. You can learn more about this on our Pricing Arrangement and Price Limits page.
Note that these amounts are not usually added as additional supports on top of any pre-existing funding in your plan. Actual funding depends on your individual needs and often re-purposes existing funding for exploring individualised living options, as needs and stages change.
The supports we fund must individually be reasonable and necessary, and the total budget (package of supports) must also be reasonable and necessary.